Thursday, March 10, 2005

Just a quikkie ;)

Hi All,

Well this is just a quick one, for today, just been busy with work, just the boring crap in my life. (haha)

It's amazing how dependant people become on others, like take today so far, one of the Banks decided to not let us know about the broker software upgrade, that was taking place, which mind you, it was scheduled for next monday. Well they were ahead of schedule and didn't bother to inform us, so well could prepare for there roll out.

Lucky for them I was on the ball today and created with in the group policy to roll it out to 85% for the staff with in the company, the other 15%, I sent them a link to run the setup software with detailed instructions and screen shots of what was needed to achieve the installation of the new software.

Well, of course out of that 15% I would say 30% got it right for they actually read the instructions properly, for the rest well, this is were that dependance comes in to play. I have a acronom for these types of users 'DFU' Meaning - Dumb F&*king User. I wish they'ed learn to read, and be able to follow instructions, as well as using some common sense, instead of being Lemmings. I like the game as I always try to get a 100% death rate out of my Lemmings. Morbid that it may be, but if you have seen the game then you'd understand why I like to kill them off.

One good thing that has happened today for me is recognisition for some hard hours put in today at the ELT and IT Steering Committee Meeting this morning.

On a brighter note, I have started to read a new novel called 'Magician' by Raymond E. Feist, of course this is a fantasy novel, but with a twist. Not a bad writter if I say so myself.

Well, this is it for now.

The Crazy Jumping Dazman-Junket.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 am, Blogger Candy Girl said...

Look into the book Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. Very interesting historical, magic, fantasy novel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home